What I Can Offer You
Deciding to see a counsellor or psychotherapist for the first time can often feel like a daunting & confusing experience! It can be difficult knowing who to choose, how to go about it & what to expect...my job is to help you understand your process by offering you a safe & confidential space in which you can explore & tackle your problems, by creating an atmosphere of warmth, trust & acceptance.
In a safe and confidential environment I can support you to achieve the changes you want to make in your life, providing a professional service in an atmosphere of mutual respect, trust, acceptance and warmth. I offer both short and long term therapy, tailored to your individual needs. Short term work tends to focus on a particular issue or problem solving, whilst long term work tends to be a more in-depth process.
After a conversation over the phone or by email, we will agree a time for an initial consultation. This will last for 30 minutes, and is completely free of charge.
The purpose of the initial consultation is to give us an opportunity to meet & discuss the nature of your current problem, and then ascertain whether we wish to go on and work together.
The business contract, that is: when and where sessions will take place, how long the sessions will last for, what time the sessions commence, how many sessions we agree to meet for and the fee, will also be discussed at the initial assessment.
At the end of the assessment process, should we reach an agreement to work together, we will discuss what you would like to work on & change. You may not have a clear sense immediately of what you want to address, which is fine. Much early work is done building the therapeutic alliance, which involves exploring & understanding what is going on for you & how I can best support you to make the necessary changes, resulting in a happier & more complete you.
All sessions will last for 50 minutes except couple counselling sessions, which are 80 minutes long.
I hope the information here will answer some of the questions you might have, but please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions. Furthermore, if you would like to make an appointment to see me, please feel free to contact me on 07842613004 or by emailing me via the confidential website contact form. All my services are private & confidential.
What I Can Offer...
- I regard YOU as an expert on yourself - my job is to work with you to establish what things are causing you pain in your life, what is not working for you, to help you understand why particular things may keep happening to you & ultimately help you make the changes YOU want to make in order to create a happier more fulfilled YOU!
- As a therapist I can provide you with a safe & confidential space to discuss & explore your problems;
- I can help you explore & understand why you might be repeating particular behaviour patterns & in particular situations - despite trying to change them;
- I can enable & facilitate you along your journey, as you make the changes you want in order to achieve a more positive & satisfactory outcome.
What I Cannot Offer...
- As a therapist I cannot magic your problems away;
- I cannot tell you how to live your life or what changes you need to make;
- I cannot tell you want you want to hear all of the time. In order to support
you to make the changes you want to make, I may have to challenge
limiting or negative beliefs you hold about yourself,
others or the world around you;
- I cannot prescribe medication.